April 8th, 2020
Some Lilydale Senior Living community members share a message for loved ones they haven’t seen in a while. Stay well, everyone. ❤️
Some family members sent a very sweet and much appreciated bouquet of flowers to Lilydale’s nurse and director! ?
The ice cream trolley making the rounds at Lilydale Senior Living! ??Read More
March 17th, 2020
For the health and safety of our clients and tenants, visitor restrictions are now in effect at all Southview Communities locations. We are actively screening all visitors at this time.
Due to heightened concerns regarding COVID-19, we request that any visitor – regardless of his or her current health – refrain from in-person visits until further notice. Signs posted at entryway doors notify visitors of this policy. Exceptions to this restriction include compassionate care circumstances, such as an end-of-life situation. In this instance, visitors will be limited to a specific room only.
The overall wellness of our residents is our top priority. We understand the incredible importance of connecting with family members, and we apologize that this visitor policy presents an unfortunate inconvenience. We are happy to assist you in maintaining contact with your loved one through phone calls, emails, video conferencing, social media, and other forms of non-contact communication.
Implementing visitor restrictions is a necessary step to maintain a safe environment in our community at this time. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.Read More
March 12th, 2020
We know that many of you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 and how it might impact those of us here at the facility. Our top priority is to ensure residents are cared for in a reliable and healthy environment. We also need your help. Keep reading to learn what we are doing to keep residents safe and the ways in which you can help prevent COVID-19 from entering or spreading throughout our community.
Currently in our facility, we do not have any cases of COVID-19. To restrict the potential for it to enter our building, we are implementing precautionary actions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Limit visits. For the time being, we request that family and friends limit their in-person visits. We understand how important it is to connect with loved ones, and there are a variety of other options for keeping in touch. Consider communicating via telephone, email, text, video chat, or social media.
- Update contact data. Please be sure we have your most current emergency contact information. We want to effectively and efficiently communicate with you should any new developments arise. Reach out to our Residence Director or Director of Nursing to update a phone number or email address.
- Residents and family members are asked to:
- Practice proper hand washing hygiene: Use soap and water and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Visitors are asked to clean their hands after arriving and before leaving.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough: If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Then, immediately wash your hands.
- If you are sick and must visit, please ask for a face mask.
- Avoid handshakes and hugs.
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer found throughout the building.
If you are a resident experiencing a cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath, please stay inside your apartment and contact a staff member immediately.
Our facility is following CDC prevention recommendations, including strict handwashing procedures and wearing gowns and gloves when interacting with residents who demonstrate symptoms. We continue to monitor and adjust these guidelines as they change. Additionally, our facility is in close contact with the local and state health departments and follows instructions set forth by these agencies to keep residents safe.
You will be notified if any resident or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19. Feel free to contact the Nursing Services at Lilydale Senior Living with any questions: 651-767-9515.
For additional information, please visit the CDC’s COVID-19 information page.Read More